Hire University Ball & Student Events Entertainment
Hire Food & Drink Entertainment for University Balls
More University Ball & Student Events Entertainment Ideas
Hire University Ball & Student Events Entertainment
Looking to hire entertainment for a College / University Ball or Student Event? We have unforgettable entertainment to hire for your student event: freshers’ week, freshers’ party, university party, freshers’ ball, university ball, society ball, summer ball and graduation ball. Moreover, we can take all the weight off your shoulders, while simultaneously ensuring you have the best entertainment to reflect your university or college.
Pro tips for organising a Uni ball / graduation Ball
For many students, their graduation ball is one of the most memorable nights of their life to date. The graduation ball is a fantastic occasion that students have looked forward to for years, with the anticipation of great food and witnessing spectacular entertainment while surrounded by their best friends. We appreciate the pressures of organising a college / university ball or Freshers Week party and are here to help everything run smoothly. Here are some top tips for organising a uni ball / graduation Ball:
- The Ball’s Committee – choose your team well to ensure the Ball is well organised and goes smoothly: the team’s diligence and teamwork is hugely important.
- The Budget – define a budget for the Ball and keep within it. As a benchmark, consult budgets from past Balls (e.g. venue costs, ticket prices etc.) and fill in the gaps with educated guesses.
- The Date – When it comes to choosing the date you should take numerous factors into account such as availability of guests and possible conflicting events. It also always helps to have a plan B date just in case.
Pro tips for organising a uni ball / graduation Ball
- The Venue – considerations:
- Location – try and keep the venue close and convenient so students won’t be put off by costly taxis home.
- Transportation – how are guests are getting to and from the Ball? If you are going to provide transport that will have to be included in the budget costs.
- Space – visit the venues in person to ensure there is enough room for your requirements. Also consider other aspects, for example wheelchair access or if there are enough toilets.
- Cost – some questions to consider: does the quoted price include VAT? What’s included in the price e.g. food, staff, security etc.? Can the venue fee be waived if enough people are attending? Does the venue require a deposit and a separate breakage deposit? What’s the cancellation period?
- Booking it – popular venues get booked up fast so move quick once you have chosen the venue.
- The Tickets – consider the ticket price (to ensure it covers the Balls costs), design and printing costs.
- The Ball’s Theme – you will need to make your Ball stand-out and be unforgettable. Therefore you will need a strong theme (“look & feel” of the event) which is perfectly executed. It is crucial to choose a theme you think your students will actually like and will wish to attend. And, do specify a dress code. Don’t worry we are award-winning experts in this field!
- The Food & Drink – your options may be dictated by what your venue can actually offer. We have a great selection of fun mobile food and drink catering services to bring a smile to the guests!
- Food – decide whether to have a buffet or meal? Consider if you wish to serve Canapés / Hors d’œuvre at your Ball before the main meal while guests are arriving or during a drinks reception. Provide vegetarian options and when tickets are purchased, include checkboxes where guests can state if they wish the vegetarian option, and if they have nut allergies or any special dietary requirements.
- Drink – it can work out much cheaper if the venue will allow you to provide your own wine for the tables. Make sure you also offer non-alcoholic drink options. Check when the venue’s bar will be open from & the time of the last orders, the drink prices (to check that they are not unreasonable) and ensure there is a decent selection of drinks.
- The Entertainment – entertainment can make or break your Ball. Get it right and nobody will ever forget it… get it wrong and nobody will let YOU forget! We are experts in the entertainment industry! We guarantee you unforgettable entertainment for your Ball – just give us a call!
- The Promotion – promote, promote, promote! Promote your Uni’s Ball on the university’s website, newsletters, social media and with blog posts. Consider offering an early bird discount.
- The Checklist – create a short yet concise checklist to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- The Schedule – to guarantee everything goes to plan, create a schedule of the Ball and ensure the each of the team has a print-out of it that they have memorised!
The fun really begins with the organising the entertainment!
Book a Party Band, DJs…
As a booking agency that specialises in live bands and DJs, we can inspire some memorable occasions with our imaginative entertainment ideas. In addition to party bands we can also offer professional string musicians as well as classical and party orchestras. We have a huge roster of music options who you can book, covering all genres of music – browse our roster and see! Got a HUGE budget? We have an awesome roster of famous bands, pops stars and famous DJs.
Hire University Ball / Freshers Party Entertainment
If you need some university ball / Freshers party entertainment ideas we have plenty to offer. Or, maybe you have a theme in mind? Leave the entertainment to us. We can find the perfect entertainment for your Uni ball or student party to fit in effortlessly with your idea, from amazing walkabout stilt walkers, walkabout entertainment, delicious mobile catering, fun photo and karaoke booths…so many to choose from!
Hire Creative Food and Drink Entertainment
Serve food and drink from our fun tricycles including Pimms and Popsicles or serve champagne via our stunning aerialist champagne waitresses, offer fun desserts like Nitro ice cream, dragons breath meringues and more…
Hire Marquees and Marquee Riggers
Working with some of the biggest marquee manufacturers in the world, The Contraband Crew can provide any rigger or crewing solution to your temporary structural needs. For student events, our technical events crew can construct, for example:
- Covered Stages
- Traditional pole tents
- Food Stalls
Call us today to hire our experienced and friendly Festival Crew! +44 (0) 208 829-1143
University Ball & Student Events Entertainment Hire
We are the UK’s top entertainment booking agency who will guarantee you creative ideas, friendly, experienced account managers and the best entertainment for hire for your University Ball or Fresher party. Just get in touch today and we can help make your student event an unforgettable memory.