Check out our “how-did-he-do-that” walkabout magician – great for your Wedding reception
Hire / Book Jewish Wedding & Vort Engagement Entertainment
Our roster of gifted and enthusiastic wedding performers for hire will make your Jewish wedding a magical day to remember. With great expertise and passion, our Jewish themed wedding performers are a brilliant addition to your wedding, bringing joy and delivering a unique and exciting experience for you and your guests.
Vort (Jewish Engagement Party) Entertainment
Celebrate your Vort with some of our dance-tastic party, Klezmar & Gypsy bands. We also offer some unusual food and drink services, such as incredible aerial champagne waitresses.
Jewish Wedding Entertainment
From traditional to more upbeat – we have a diverse selection of live wedding music. For a classy and sophisticated atmosphere, you can hire string quartets, a pianist, harpists and classical and crossover singers. Alternatively, if you are after a more vibrant and fun vibe you could hire a wedding party band, Jewish themed Klezmar or Gypsy band…
Vort (Jewish Engagement Party)
A Jewish engagement party is known as a vort (Yiddish for word). Breaking a ceramic plate at a vort is customary, symbolizing the permanence of marriage and mirroring the breaking of a glass at a Jewish wedding.
Customarily, the couple’s mothers are the ones who break the plate. They hold the plate together and drop it onto a hard surface. It’s important to wrap the plate well to ensure that no one gets hurt from the broken pieces.
Some have the custom to make a necklace for the bride from the broken pieces. Others give the broken pieces to eligible “singles” as if to say “may a plate soon be broken for you.” Some break the plate at the wedding just before the chuppa.
3 Top Tips When planning a Jewish Wedding
- When to hold your Jewish wedding? Your wedding should not be held during the Jewish Sabbath (from sunset on Friday until sunset on Saturday), or on major Jewish festivals such as the Day of Atonement or Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah).
- At a Jewish wedding ceremony do parents stand under the chuppah / huppah? Both sets of parents stand under the chuppah alongside the bride, groom and, Rabbi.
- Do you wear a Yamaka / Kippah at a Jewish wedding? The location of the ceremony will likely dictate what to wear to a Jewish wedding. If you are offered a head cover, wear it.
Did you know
In a Jewish Wedding, why does bride walk around groom 7 times? In the Jewish tradition, the bride circling the groom seven times, represents the seven wedding blessings and seven days of creation. Moreover, it demonstrates that the groom is the center of her world.
More Wedding Entertainment Ideas
Alongside wedding DJs we have a fantastic roster of acts to make your big day extraordinary. Unique entertainment such as quirky food and drink stalls, talented wedding dancers and some brilliantly original mix and mingle entertainment. Check out our entertainment roster for a complete list of performers to hire.
Book Jewish Wedding & Vort Engagement Entertainment
We are one of the UK’s top entertainment agencies and wedding entertainment specialists; with our friendly and knowledgeable account managers, you can rely on us to get you the best deals possible, provide you with some expert advice and find you some talented Jewish wedding entertainers for your special day. Just get in touch if you would like to discuss booking Vort or Jewish wedding entertainment!
More Wedding Entertainment Hire
* Wedding Food & Drink Ideas
* Wedding DJs
* All Party DJs for hire
* Wedding Music Bands
* Classical Musicians for Weddings
* Wedding Dancers
* Wedding Mix and Mingle Entertainment
* Gay Wedding & Civil Partnership Entertainment
* Indian Wedding Entertainment
* Jewish Wedding & Vort Engagement Party Entertainment
* Muslim Wedding & Walima
* Personalised Mementos
* All Entertainment