Shadow Theatre’s Shadow Dancers – World Environment Day
Hire a Shadow Show
For an artistic and visually stunning show that weaves a beautiful tale, you can hire a shadow show. Shadow shows are an increasingly popular form of entertainment, the attractive aspect and unique take on storytelling and images making them a great addition to all kinds of events. If you hire a shadow show for your event you can be sure this remarkable entertainment will be a hit with all your guests.
Shadow Shows on our Roster
Each of the shadow shows to hire on our books have put their own spin on the mesmerising format of a shadow show, whether it is a comedic performance, or a show tailored entirely to your choice of narrative. Incorporating colour and gorgeous scenery into their act, a shadow show is always guaranteed to stun the audience with it’s innovative use of movement and body positions. Here are just a few of the excellent shadow shows on our roster:
- Teatro Shadow Duo – This in demand and original shadow show is one of the few in the world where the performers only use their hands, creating funny profiles of significant people in popular culture or conjuring up the remarkable image of an animal.
- Shadow Theatre – Voted one of the top acts on ‘Ukraine’s Got Talent’ this talented team put on a spellbinding visual spectacle to win over the hearts of their audience.
- Attraction Black Light – The dynamic team behind this shadow show transports you to another world with their absorbing theatre. Their stunning visuals even won over the Britain’s Got Talent judges, with the public crowning them the winners in 2013.
Brief History of Shadow Shows
The origins of shadow shows can be traced all the way back to the ancient practices of shadow puppetry, a form of entertainment that has been around for centuries. Over time the shadow puppetry has been developed, starting off just with cloth and candlelight it is now a more elaborate production, using technology and colour to become a more intricate image. We have had a look at the significant events in the history of shadow shows:
- Said to have originated in the Han Dynasty, shadow puppetry was apparently first mentioned in a fictional tale of Emperor Han Wudi’s advisor, who, after being inspired by children playing with parasols in the sun, put on a shadow show in an attempt to help cheer up the heartsick Emperor who had lost his favourite concubine.
- When European merchants started sailing to China, the cultural practices were introduced to them and when they returned home sharing what they had learned, with shadow puppetry eventually becoming popular around the 17th Century.
- In the 1910’s a German animator called Lotte Reiniger established silhouette animation as a new format, which consists of shadow play puppets being filmed frame by frame.
Hiring a Shadow Show
If you’re looking to book an experienced, top-quality shadow show with incredible visuals and vibrant performance then we can help. Our amiable, qualified account managers can assist with your enquiry giving you recommendations and ideas to ensure you hire the perfect shadow show for your event. Just get in touch and we would be delighted to help you put on an unforgettable event.