Studio 54 Themed Entertainment Hire & Ideas
Watch one of our brilliant Studio 54 themed entertainers – the outrageous Guilty Pleasures DJs:
Hire / Book Studio 54 Themed Entertainment
Throw your own Studio 54 party with some of our fabulous Studio 54 themed entertainers. Studio 54 was legendary! Your guests will never forget your party. Check out some of our Studio 54 themed entertainment ideas below. What was Studio 54? Studio 54 was a former nightclub, located at 254 West 54th Street, New York City. It was created by Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager in 1977.
Why is Studio 54 famous?
Studio 54 was the height of New York City cool…infamously hard to get in, hedonistic, flamboyant clubbers, famous people, it was a true disco heaven. Legendary A-listers included Andy Warhol, David Bowie, Truman Capote, Bianca Jagger, Grace Jones, Divine, as well as countless fashion designers like Karl Lagerfeld.
Studio 54 hedonism…
- For her birthday, Bianca Jagger rode a white horse across the dance floor.
- To celebrate one New Year’s Eve party, four tons of glitter was dispersed for guests to dance on.
- One Studio 54 regular was ‘Disco Sally’… a 75-year-old lawyer!
- Chic’s “Le Freak” was apparently inspired by Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards once being denied entrance to Studio 54.
- Waiter’s uniforms were comprised of gym shorts and… nothing else!
- Steve Rubell, one of the owners, was often seen around the club wearing a long puffy winter coat, sewn into its lining was thousands of dollars that he would sneak out of the club and…cocaine!
When did Studio 54 open and close?
Studio 54 opened on April 16, 1977. Studio 54 closed on February 4, 1980, with a final party called “The End of Modern-day Gomorrah”! It closed because the owners had evaded taxes. In its 37 months of existence – 40 years on, Studio 54 is still the most iconic night club ever.
Contraband is a leading entertainment agency. We provide the best Studio 54 themed entertainers. Contact us to find the best Studio themed entertainment for your event.