Eclipse – Aerial Crane Show
A breath – taking and stunningly high quality aerial display on a unique piece of aerial equipment, interspersed with world class ground performance and aerial routines. If you are looking for spectacular corporate entertainment, this show really does amaze! Suspended from a crane, four daring aerialists run round and round our aerial compass, faster and faster in a dance with death. The crane’s movement allows them to appear and disappear from view. First created as part of the launch of the London 2012 sailing events on Weymouth Beach, this innovative and unusual aerial display was developed for Goodwood Festival of Speed 10th Anniversary Drivers’ Ball, where it was enhanced by a spectacular fireworks display, live band, dancers and water effects.
Staging – 8 x 6m stage with no overhead obstructions
Lighting – 2 x follow spots with operators. Blue/red stage. Lighting tech required for rehearsals and show.
PA – Suitable size PA for audience with sound tech required for rehearsals and show.
Crane area – Space required for Crane position – approx. 12m wide x 8m deep. Rigging area and pick up point out of sight of the audience. The area needs to be flat and clear of all overhead wires / trees. Site visit required.
Access – Road access required for crane to get into position
Radio Comms – 3 closed ear headsets on a closed wireless radio communication system, which is independent of any other on site radio communication system.
Local Crew – 3 local crew required to assist with guying down ropes during rehearsals and show.
– 100 tonne crane with 60m reach to hold a minimum of 750kg.
– 25-30m height below the hook.
– Crane driver and a banksman. The banksman will be required to work with the production team and take specific lifting cues during the performance and rehearsals. A banksman who has prior experience of working on live shows would be preferable. It is important to check with the crane company when booking the crane that they know that we will be hanging aerialists and equipment from the crane, as not all companies are willing to do this.
– A representative of the crane company should undertake a site visit well in advance of performance day to confirm the site is suitable and able to be accessed by the crane, prepare an accurate lift plan, advise on ground protection requirements and advise on any local lifting regulations which may affect the performance.
(For further information please follow the Technical Specification link below)
Standard Length of Performance:
The length of performance varies depending on other elements involved in the show – from 5 – 20 minutes.
“Thank you all so so much for a fantastic show. Every element came together perfectly and yesterday everyone was coming up to me and saying what an amazing show it was.”
– Starlight Design – Goodwood Festival of Speed 20th Anniversary Drivers’ Ball
Previous Clients Include:
The Royal Family
The X Factor
Goodwood Festival of Speed
T20 Cricket Final
The Mortgage Awards
Royal Variety Performance