Apprentice Challenge – Team Building Workshop | London | UK
This Apprentice Challenge workshop makes a fantastic team building experience, perfect for corporate away days. If you would like to book a corporate team building activity, this would be good for companies that enjoying getting creative and artistic! Corporate team building days are great for encouraging employees to interact outside of the office. If you would like more corporate team building ideas, take a look at the other options we have in our Team Building & Away day section.
Our apprentice teams will compete in a pitch to win business based on an actual company brief. They will be hired and fired along the way by our BIG BOSS Lord Sugar.
How it works:
Teams are set a series of projects, which each require different skills to be utilized in order for the tasks to be completed and, more importantly, to impress the boss! These projects are completely flexible and can be tailor made for specific company requirements. Projects will vary from merchandise, clothing, food, and perhaps even a new creation put forward by the apprentices. Teams must consider budget, target market, unique selling point, scripts and all sales, marketing and merchandise branding elements.
Clothing Design; Chocolate Challenge; Shopping Channel; Photo Shoot; New Products; Toy Story – and more all detailed below.
Each team will have up to two challenges depending on time. They must complete all challenges with different project leaders directing the team.
At the end of the session each team will present their ideas, marketing strategy, strap lines, mission statements, and support materials to the panel. This will be followed by a debrief from Lord Sugar.
They must be prepared for some light hearted criticism as the judges begin to sack teams resulting in a winning group HIRED by Lord Sugar…… THE APPRENTICE TEAM!
– Sales and marketing
10 – 200 participants
– To encourage leadership.
– Understanding the customer
– To create an agency environment for new ideas.
– Budgetary control.
– To encourage honest feedback from team members at the conclusion
– Event Manager
– Choice of projects
– Lord Sugar – our fabulous actor!
– All equipment for projects
– Fun prizes
– £5 million public liability
– Transport & Mileage
– Film studio for shopping channel project
– Video memento of the day
– Apprentice awards and trophies
MORE INFO ON THE PROJECTS BELOW….
– To encourage honest feedback from team members at the conclusion.
The standard length of the workshop is 2 to 3 hours
Our package price includes up to two projects, with each usually taking up to an hour to complete (please note: we can include more or less projects depending on the budget and timings). Please choose one project from group A and one project from Group B:
– Chocolate Challenge – Teams have to create a unique chocolate sensation using a range of ingredients, and then design and construct interrelated packaging.
– New Product Invention – Teams have to invent a brand new product that doesn’t exist in the current market, whilst keeping within budget and resource restrictions.
– Clothing Design – Teams have to assemble designs and a brand name for a new fashion collection. A prototype must also be created – in the form of a T-Shirt – which must reflect the tone of the overall line.
– Wine Label – Teams have to blend and brand a new wine ready for a launch party.*
– Recruitment Brochure – Teams have to produce a creative copy and design for a new recruitment brochure.
– Toy Story – From raw materials, teams have to create a new adult or children’s toy along with a catchy name and marketing strategy.
– Board game – Teams have to create an innovative board game that doesn’t already exist.
Please note: whilst teams are creating their products and brands, they must ensure that they are keeping within budget and resource restrictions.
– Merchandise Branding – Teams have to promote the product and brand they have created from Group A, by designing and producing a series of merchandise commodities (blank marketing materials will be supplied, i.e. umbrellas, T-Shirts, bags etc)
– Retail Promotions – Teams have to design and construct actual in store, ‘point of sale’ materials, such as mobiles, posters and banners, for the product they have created from Group A.
– Photo Shoot – Using digital photography, teams have to create a promotional poster for the product they have created from Group A.
– Shopping Channel – Team have to try and sell the product they created from Group A on a shopping channel with a set and filming. **
*the Wine Label project includes mixing, tasting and blending a selection of supplied wines, and labels and craft materials to brand a team’s own bottle. Cost: price on application.
**the Shopping Channel project has the option to have an actual filming set, which will incur extra costs. We can supply a TV camera, relay plasma, play back screen, camera man and a final edited film.
“Just a note to say a huge thank you for all your efforts yesterday. You helped to make it run perfectly. It’s a real delight to work with true professionals – and you are certainly that. I look forward to the next time… and the time after that… and the time after that…”
– The Challenge Factor
“I have had some great feedback and everybody had an excellent time.”
Previous Clients Include:
University of Bedfordshire
Photos of Apprentice Challenge
Book Apprentice Challenge
Want to book a performer, or just find out more? Give us a call on +44 (0)208 8291140 or use our online contact form via the button below.